Monday, April 03, 2006

 

BLT

I don't care much for tomatos. I use them on things, put them in things, I'm not reall into them and if I omit them from a dish I don't really miss them.

I don't care much for lettuce. I do eat salads, but they're more about the stuff you put on the lettuce than the lettuce itself.

Side note: when did Ranch Dressing just completely take over? I like Ranch Dressing, but it's like it has single-handedly defeated all other salad dressings in some sort of condiment Battle Royale.


Bacon is good. I don't eat nearly as much of it as I did growing up. Invariably if I open a package of bacon for some reason I have to figure out what to do with the rest of the package after I've used the miniscule amount that I would use in any recipe.

I truly do not like mayonaise. What is the deal with mayo? I have to buy the smallest containers possible to avoid it going bad before I can eat it all. And while I truly dislike mayonaise, it's a whole lot better than rancid mayonaise.

Toast is good. I bake bread so I generally have fresh bread around. Since my bread is usually very fresh (and generally oddly shaped), I rarely toast bread. I'm not against toasting bread, but when bread is fresh, I really don't see the point.

So why do I absolutely love BLT's. I'm somewhat indifferent to all of the elements that go into the american classic sandwich and yet, outside of the Reuben, the BLT is my favorite sandwich. I once watched a half hours show on Food TV about nothing but the BLT. I was transfixed. What a marvelous sandwich.

Two BLT's and a glass of Diet Pepsi on ice. It's hard for me to imagine a better lunch.

BOJ

I apologize for the inane nature of the above post. It's something I wanted to say, I felt the need to post today, and I didn't really think this was worthy of Positive Monday. I'll try to give you something better tomorrow...

Comments:
That's weird. The reason I love BLT's so much is because I adore all of the components!
 
And I like inane. One of my favorite pastimes, or present times, also.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives