Tuesday, March 07, 2006

 

What's the OG, Yo?

The traditional lenten batch of beer is in the fermenter and the yeast will soon begin eating the sugars creating carbon dioxide and alcohol. Having beer, or proto-beer in the house when I'm not drinking beer is an intersting thing to do to myself, but it's become a tradition, so let's just keep doing it.

The original gravity (OG) of this batch of beer came in at 1.043 (distilled water at sea level coming in at 1.000) which was slightly lower than the last time I made this recipe, but well within the brewer's margin of error.

I'll keep you posted.

BOJ

Comments:
I wonder what, like, uh, my original gravity is/was? Is that stuff like the original sin stuff the catholics gotta put up with? Or is it much better? Is there much mass? Is it high or low mass? What?!?!?!
 
May the zymology goddess heap her blessings upon you. I have no idea what Ed's OG could have been and feel lacking in knowledge to venture a guess. Unless it's the obvious answer, 42.
 
Zymurgical blessing accepted and appreciated. Then again, after 40 days without beer I'll drink anything that doesn't taste like orange drink fermented next a radiator.

And I assume that "Zymurgical" is an actual word and the apropriate adjective for this situation.
 
Free association conjugation is the only way the language evolves, improves, perhaps even digresses, as this sentence is in danger of doing. Zymurgical is now a word!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives