Tuesday, March 28, 2006

 

Sexy is as Sexy Does
(I Don't Even Know What that Means, but It Looks Cool Here)

joeb
How Could Sue Foley Get Overlooked?!?
I was driving down to the park so I could get some fresh air and play a little guitar as loudly as I want. I was listening to ESPN radio, Dan Patrick this time, who I like much better than Colin Cowherd. They were discussing FHM Magazine's 100 sexiest women of 2006. Here's a discussion I can get behind. Now I haven't seen the list, but my guess is that Sue Foley isn't on the list. Sue probably isn't well known enough to be one of the sexiest which really seems unfair, but what are you gonna do?

Apparently the sexiest woman of 2006 is Scarlett Johansen. Hey, that's great. She is sexy, no doubt about it. Dan Patrick was disputing the decision. In a way, that's the beauty of a list like this, it generates pointless discussion: "No way, man, Pam Anderson is much hotter than Scarlett Johansen..." and the like. Hey, as far as I'm concerned, there wasn't a loser among any of the names they mentioned. I don't really find it necessary for me to go right out and buy FHM so I can argue with their 100 choices and where each should be ranked.

It's all about personal preference. The fact that Dan Patrick was discussing it on the radio pretty much proves that. Like he wouldn't get down on his knees and thank the good lord if Scarlett Johansen called into his show and offered to sleep with him (even though Dan is a married man). Let's face it, anyone who made that list is freaking sexy. Deciding if Scarlett Johansen should be #1 or #8 is pretty pointless, but we feel a need to do it.

Is Scarlett Johansen the sexiest woman of 2006? Not to me (Sue Foley, baby, Sue Foley, why won't people listen to me?) but she's damn sexy. And hey, as a guy, it's fun to discuss. I like this kind of discussion. Just don't think that you're ever going to definitively ever answer a question like that.

You can decide who the tallest woman is. You would simply line up all women in the world and measure them. One would eventually be chosen the tallest, it would be indisputable providing everything was handled properly. I would have to agree that all women over 6 feet 6 inches tall are tall. Of them it can be deterimined who is the tallest.

Anything subjective can't be indisputable. You can throw out all kinds of evidence, but in the end, any decision reached will be disputable. Even something like the best college basketball team of 2006 can't be decided by a 65 team tournament. A team is going to win that tournament, but that doesn't make the winner the best team, it simply means they won the tournament. I could argue that Duke or UConn is better than the 4 teams that remain in the NCAA tournament (come to think of it, this is the type of stuff Dan Patrick should have been discussing on his sports talk show....) but Duke and UConn lost a game in the tournament. The four remaing teams haven't. If you decide that George Mason is the best college basketball team of 2006 after they've won the tournament, well, that's evidence for your argument. That's all it is, though, evidence. Winning the tournament doesn't prove anything other than that they won the tournament. Are the the best? Who knows. Sure is fun to discuss though.

BOJ

Comments:
How odd. Especially when you consider that (at least in some small cirlces), FHM stands for Foley's the Hottest, Man!!!

And as far as the title of your post goes, you may or may not be sort of ripping off Forrest Gump's mother. Whether it makes any sense or not it does feel like it should have some deeper meaning.
 
There's sexy, there's hot, there's varying degrees of beautiful. It's too bad "civilization" is so enamored of appearance.

Overlooking Sue is what I was doing last Friday night. Did some underlooking, some around looking, she seemed to like it. You should have been there!
 
Ed, did Sue give you her panties?
 
It's Mega-Bitch Wednesday! Where's the angry rant we have come to know and be mildy affectionate of?

I'll be a free woman as of May 15th! Ed says I shouldn't shave my head as an outward sign of my emancipation. Any suggestions?

Okay, BOJ, I know I should start my own blog and not take up so much space on yours.
 
My divorce was final and I broke up with my girlfriend (who I've never written of here until now) the same week.
I was emotionally fine though......
 
1Gal, they were candy flavored so......
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives