Thursday, March 02, 2006

 

The Past

joeb
Globex Corporation is not in the
business of promoting musicians,
however, if you have a chance to
buy this CD, please do so!
It's funny how quickly things become the past. I lived in Residence #26 for about 3 weeks. I've lived in Residence #27 twice that long. Residence #25 seems like a distant memory now.

I played at the open mic at Dunn Bros. last night with TSA. We played the same old stuff the same old way but it seemed really foreign to me somehow. Mike seemed like the host of an out of town open mic, not the guy I road tripped to Chicago with. More my perception than any way I was treated. I feel like I've changed a lot.

Joe Bucholz was at open mic with a copy of his EP What Makes You Tick? I'm listening to it now. He covers the P957 song Bitch which I saw him play a few weeks before I left the RC. I even joined him on it once. Not only does the original version feel distant, but so does Joe's new version.

I wrote 5-55 an email after a few Jaegermeisters Monday night after work. I didn't remember her address, but unfortuntely my computer did. T1G had once suggested that since I wrote In My Hand based on a conversation with 5-55 that I let her know that she was the inspiration. So I did.

I received a nice reply today. It felt like a reply from a woman that I used to know through work (I did), not from a woman for whom I relocated to be with (I did).

Don't get me wrong. None of these things are bad things. They're just different things. I don't think it's possible that things have changed in the RC so much in a mere six weeks. I think the changes are all on this end. And it's not so much that I've changed, it's just that I'm changing the way I look at things.

I used to be horrible at keeping up with people. I've had numerous jobs over the past twenty years, relocated numerous times. I don't keep in touch with Trish Hindt or John Rawls or Dave Munstead anymore. At one time those were all people who meant a lot to me. I moved on. I left a lot behind, and that is a bad thing.

I've made a concious effort to change that, to keep in touch with people. Technology has made it easier, threats from MoniP have helped keep me on the right path, and I've changed. That is a good thing.

Comments:
You get a new computer and for the hell of it........ you google your name and BAM.......your name comes up and you read something nice that someone has written about you WOW!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives