Monday, March 06, 2006

 

Monday Update

I've found one really cool thing about living in Wyoming. You know how you're filling out a form on a computer and you have to fill in an address? You're going along fine typing in the street address and name of your city and then you come to the state. Instead of typing it in, the form requires you to use a drop down menu. So now instead of simply typing in the name of your state, you have to search through 51 choices. Oh, sure, they're alphabetical, but I could still type it faster. Well, friend, move to Wyoming, alphabetically last among US states! That's right, just click on the drop down and go all the way to the bottom of the list. I can actually do that quicker than typing 'Wyoming' and I'm a pretty quick typist.

Being alphabeticaly last is cool. In an atlas, we're listed last, unless you atlas has Canadian provinces or city maps at the end of it. Mine does, but Wyoming is still easier to find then South Dakota. Also, sometimes they put North and South Dakota on facing pages in some atlases. I suppose that's convenient, but it's hard to remember that if I want to find 'South Dakota' I have to look under 'N'.

Dead night at work last night. That was fine with me as Saturday was pretty intense. At one point on Saturday, I was in charge of 10 events and I only had 8 monitors to see them in. A bunch of them were hockey which means they all got over about the same time, except the one that went into overtime. It got pretty hairy at the end, but I got through it all OK.

Todd Epp over at SD Watch has sort of figured out who I am. The cool thing is that we used to work for the same crappy State run Broadcasting operation in South Dakota (I won't name them as that would be unfair to them and the general public). Of course he was in management and I actually worked for a living so he didn't know me.

So now Epp, Jerry Hinkle at The Holabird Advocate and That 1 Gal (who doesn't have a blog, they're free you know) have figured out who I am through my posts. Since most of the other people reading this already know me, it's no big deal.

I should start a contest for people to figure out the secret idetity of 5-55, but I don't have anything cool that could give away, so we'll just forget about that. My mom did figure out who I wrote Two Condoms about last week though, so I guess I'm going to design a magnet for her or something. I'm just glad she doesn't think I wrote Two Condoms about 5-55 anymore. They used to work together, what a horrible thing to think about an essentially nice person. I say nice stuff about 5-55 and she still won't sleep with me anymore......

BOJ

Comments:
You know, I have a good idea of who 5-55 is. I don't really need anything cool though considering you left enough cool stuff behind at Residence #26. Oh well. I also have a guess about Two Condoms, but we'll leave that for another time.
 
Are you saying I should start my own blog? Y' know, maybe not use up so much space on yours with my personal diatribes and stuff...hmmm...this is an intriguing thought. I could rant and rave in my own space!!! Put up pix of musicians that I think are hot as well as talented...although I wouldn't officially be into music promotion per se. Come up with clever things like more euphemisms like WwtK!

I wouldn't have figured out who you are if not for that hot August night in 2004 when we both were at the Cheers open mic. Does "weeniecheeks" ring a bell?
 
I encourage everyone to write a blog. You can pretend that people are actually reading the inane crap that you write. It's fun!!!

Hey Scooter, you have a pyrex sauce pan that I need back some time. Most of the other stuff you can just keep, but I'll stop by Residence #26 (isn't it Residence #18 for you?) to sort that all out some time.

You've met 5-55, but you never met who I wrote Two Condoms about. Your grandmother did, but you didn't.
 
Heh, it's probably a good thing I never met the Two Condoms gal. And it's Residence #19 for me. I can't help the fact that you've got 20+ years on me in that department though.
 
I don't have 20+ years on you. I was still in high school when you were born and, by all accounts, was a pretty good student. No getting left behind for me......
 
Heh, I am a little off. Seems I need to relearn some math.
 
Are you aware that you can click on the drop down menu and simply type 'W' and it will select the first W state? Then you hit W again till you get to WY!

It would have been more relevent in SD or MN. I do it all the time in NV but I have to hit it a couple of time. IL was a bitch though since there are a few I states. And I would always go past it.

Bastards.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives