Wednesday, March 08, 2006

 

Fun Facts About Sue Foley

joeb
Have I ever mentioned that I really like Sue Foley?
I know I don't mention this enough to make myself completely clear, but I really like the music of blues guitar virtuoso, Sue Foley. I may have mentioned that I like other things about her too. Maybe I haven't, I can't remember. It must be time for my brain medicine (or even some Brain Candy - Former P957 in the house, yo!).

Anyway, since the new album is coming out, I've been checking Sue's website a little more fequently. The following is a list of fun facts about Ms. Foley that she has on a page. She's way too cool to let some flunky write crap about her, so I assure you that these are by her own hand.

Fun Facts:
I'm an Aries, hard headed and direct
The Rolling Stones are my favorite rock and roll band
My favorite seasons are spring and fall (summer is my least favorite)
I play winter sports
My main gig demographic is a 55 year old man (the Sue-heads)
I'm a lousy politician and diplomat
I drink coffee
I drink booze
I work out
I get up at 5am (when I'm home)
I eat meat
I'm restless
I'm domestic
I like being alone
I love to cook
I love to walk
My main spiritual influence is my dog
I have a boyfriend
BOJ Note: "Damn it!"
I hate small talk
I'm antisocial sometimes
I love kids
I love math
I read books on physics and science
I'm into self-educating
I don't have a manager
I'm not lonesome
I can take care of myself
I have a lot of friends
I love nature but it makes me restless
I'm a tomboy
I'm a good mother
My work takes precedence over everything except my son
I'm distracted
I have phobias
I'm rough
I love to swear
I multi-task
I gotta go


OK, except for a couple of things, the perfect woman.....

BOJ

Comments:
I'm drinking a beer right now, BOJ. A Leinie's honey weiss, about the lightest I go in the beer spectrum. I'm not into the self-deprivation rites of the lenten season. That said, I understand the spiritual significance of the ritual.

I enjoyed the fun facts about Sue Foley and she sounds like she'd be fun to drink a beer with.

Btw, you need to find a real, flesh & blood, located in Wyoming girlfriend before this Sue Foley obsession makes you crazy. Or not.
 
Really the reason I started giving up beer for lent is that I thought it'd be cool to not drink beer but to brew beer. I like weird juxtaposition nearly as much as I like uncomfortable silences.

Don't put down wheat beer. I make a fine Berliner style weissbier. I actually made a batch specifically for That One Guy. Labelled it with as close to a photograph of him as he'll allow.

I was thinking of getting back into the Positive Monday, Mega-Bitch Tuesday thing but I was going to add a Sue Foley Photo Friday. But if it seems like an unhealthy obsession.....
 
Hey, I really like wheat beer! Leinies is the only one that I happen to like bottled, so I usually have some at home. On tap I prefer Boulevard.

I heartily approve of and endorse the return of the Monday and Tuesday writing rituals as well as the inauguration of the Sue Foley Friday thing.

All I have to say about obsession is, well, the moment it becomes healthy I giving up all of mine!!
 
As long as you like wheat beer. More of a summertime thing for me. Boulevard is great, I first had it in '95 while attending the Kansas City Jazz & Blues Festival. I liked it was pleasently suprised to find it in the RC when I was visiting in 2000. I've had more than a few of them at Cheers on various Sunday nights. I usually changed to something else this time of year. Sierra Nevada is good, also Moose Drool stout, anything with a little heft to it.
 
Hefeweizen (sp?). MMMMMM
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives