Sunday, February 19, 2006

 

Zero is a Big Improvement

It's Sunday morning and it's a balmy sixty degrees inside Residence #27. I went down and banged on the furnace, though and it will soon be warm enough to function. I'll also have enough coffee n me to think. And listening to ASO on the mp3 player doesn't hurt any.

I drove to work twice yesterday. Neighbor Tim (who desperately needs a nickname, TIM is taken) had a car that wouldn't start and even with the a little assist from my battery, it remained dead (or at least in a deep slumber) to the world. Tim and I work the same shift and even share some days off, but he works 4 ten hour days as opposed to my more traditional 5 eights. I drove him into work, came home, took a shower, fixed lunch and drove to work again. Luckily, we both end our shifts at the same time. Hardly any incovenience at all.

I was driving into work the second time when I thought about what a nice day we were having. The sun was out, steam was rising off of the roads as moisture evaporated and I wasn't completely freezing. The I realized that as nice as the day was, it was still zero and there was still about 6-8 inches of snow everywhere. Yet, I was quite pleased with the weather. I guess it's all about perspective.

Today the temp is supposed to get into the 20's which will cause me to be the happiest boy on the planet, nearly as happy as I'll be the next time I Waltz with the Kaiser (17, right T1G?). It's already 11 degrees out. The temprature stayed above 60 in #27 all night last night, the landlord dropped off a space heater and my bedroom was quite warm the last couple of nights so it wasn't so much like sleeping in a tent. The NBA and NHL are on breaks making work slow enough to actually learn some stuff instead of being thrown into the fire.

Yep, life is OK.

BOJ

Comments:
According to my electronic digital thermometer it is a lovely 43.4 degrees here in Brookings and my indoor current temp is 66.

Just to clarify, do I have to drink all of these shots in one sitting? Or could we space them out or maybe you could issue me a punch card or something? I weigh about 125 and I'm kind of a cheap-date-weenie drinker as far as my capacity goes so unless you want to witness me losing my cookies, well, it won't be pretty.

Until you WwtK in your waking hours, may you WwtK in your dreams!
 
Yes! Sunshine is a very happy thing. Temperature is relative. I always thought that being "thrown into the fire" was such a cool way to learn new things. In fact, it's been done to me so many times that I thought it was the only way. 1Gal, I think you should have all those shots at one time. Keep things interesting and entertain the innocent bystanders I always say. Oh, you should get one of those analog digital thermometers. BOJ, I'm glad you're hooked up.
 
Being hooked up is a good thing, but now I don't get my exercise walking to the library. I'm a little freer here to do what I want on the blog, so that's a good thing.

Geez, I sound like Martha Stewart.....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives