Thursday, February 23, 2006

 

Trivia & Trains

Checked out a local brewpub last night. Snake River Shadows isn't too far from Residence #27, in the old rail depot downtown. Actually it's a pretty cool old building. I'm glad they found a use for it instead of tearing it down. It's right next to the train tracks, of course, and trains go by constantly which is really cool if you ask me. The depot was built from thick quarried stone, so you don't actually hear or feel the trains go by, but you see them. I like that.

I grab a seat at the bar. My bartender was wearing a Firehouse Brewing Company t-shirt which made me feel right at home. Not only have I drunk a lot of beer at The Firehouse but I've also played some music there, most notably P957's best American Woman ever. I ordered the stout, which was a little on the sweet side for my tastes, one was fine, by the third I'd had enough though. Still not a bad brew, if uninspired. I'll have to try some of their other brews as the price was pretty reasonable to boot.

They had the NTN trivia thingy so I played that for a while. I played the last three questions of one game and got 1000 pts on all of the questions. I didn't do quite so well on the next game, but I did end up on recent high scores for that location.

The next game was all about berries. No, I'm not kidding, 15 questions about berries. I don't even know what a loganbery is. Well I do now, but I didn't until the correct answer came up at the end. I didn't do so well on that game.

The final game I played was straight trivia. The questions seemed awfully easy and I maxed out on the first 4 questions and went into the first break with well over 4000 points. I ended up with over 12,000 which was good for second place on the recent high scores. So if you go into a little brewpub in Cheyenne, Wyoming, you'll see the name BOJ emblazzened on a TV screen.

Which reminds me, I thought of this verse to a Willy Grigg song while in the shower the other day. Let me clear up that I wasn't think about Willy while I was in the shower, but one of his song popped into my head.

Well I like Ken Jennings
But I'm not Ken Jennings
And I'm never going to be
Thirty-seven time defending
Jeopardy! champion
Ken Jennings
But when I'm slow on the buzz
And forget what year
Chernobyl was
There's a little Ken Jennings in me


BOJ

Comments:
I wouldn't think less of you if you thought about Willy when you're in the shower! C'mon, BOJ, you've got to admit he's an attractive guy!
 
I have gotten fairly buzzed on Scotch at the RR Depot. Cool place. I think. That was in December 1980. You have got to let the Chernobyl thing go. It's okay. 1986. April.
Huh?
 
1986 was a year of renowned disasters. The space shuttle blew up in January, I got married in February, Chernobyl in April. Something disastrous must have happened in March, too. But I think I was only connected to the one in February.
 
Also came up with this:

I love Ben Folds
But I'm not Ben Folds
And I'm never gonna be Ben Folds
But when I'm cursing in my tunes
And have a crappy attitude
There's a little bit of Ben Folds in me


I'm working on one about Sue Foley...

Disasters in 1986? But the Mets won the World Series that year on that weird Bill Buckner play. Disaster for Red Sox fans maybe.
 
Found
In
The
Woods
 
Thanks, Ed. I had the i, t & w figured out but the f was somehow hanging me up.

Now we want to hear the Sue Foley verse!
 
How about this one, maybe nestled into a performance of Got My Mojo Workin'

Well I'm love Muddy Waters
But I'm not Muddy Waters
And I'm never gonna be Muddy Waters
But when my body starts to jerkin'
And I go my Mojo Workin'
There's a little Muddy Waters in me


Maybe you'll get the Sue Foley on later....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives