Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 

The Return of Mega-Bitch Tuesday

My internet provider is such a miserable piece of shit. I've had nothing but trouble with me email since I got connected on Saturday. It's not that my email doesn't work, it's that it works and sometimes it doesn't. I set up three accounts and for a while they all worked, but then only two worked, then only one. Now none of them work. When I called in and yelled at people today (I'm trying to exhibit a good attitude at work, but that doesn't apply to shithead ISP's) we made some changes to my settings on their end. At that point nothing worked at all. When I called them to tell them that they were idiots the recorded message said there was a system wide email outage. I hope changing my settings broke their system. I know that's unlikely, but it makes me feel better that it may have.

In defense of the turd-burgulars at Bresnan, I really like their phone service I can make unlimited long distance phone calls to anywhere in the US. That's nice with my family living 300 miles away. The cable service is pretty good too, better than I've ever had actually and easily the equal of large satellite providers - but don't get that cable, national satellite providers are the way to go!!!!! Whew, I think I just saved my job.....

In short, Bresnan Bad, Echostar Good. Make your own decision on DirecTV, my judgement is a little clouded.....

BOJ

Comments:
Dude.. my judgement on DTV is clouded too, and I still work here. I've come to the conclusion that Cable bad, Antenna good, Satellite best... period, regardless of who owns/runs the joints and what bullshit they pull. Glad the job seems to be working out well... we should talk soon, I miss ya dude!

Derek
 
Be nice to your ISP. They can't help themselves. Maybe it will be better when they outsource their help.
 
Oh, like Earthlink outsourcing their customer service to India? The only thing that helped me with was deciding to leave them because I was sick and tired of feeling like they were reading from a script even after I would tell them I've been through all of that stuff already and that I need a higher level of support... kinda like calling Microsoft for support while you already have an IT background... *ack*
 
I'll be friends with satellite when they moved the birds to the north so I can recieve a single.

Until then I'll stick with Cox...

Heh... I said Cox...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives