Monday, February 13, 2006

 

Nerdiness Update

So I made some hash brown potatoes to go with my polish sausage today, did dishes and realized that I had a little bit of time before I had to go to work. I decided to walk down to the library and check the old email. I had my GPS in the apartment and decided to take it along to see just how far a walk it is. So, at the risk of being ridiculouysly exact, it's 0.54 miles to the library from my place and took me 10:48 of actual moving time with an additional 1:08 of stopped time (I had to wait for the light to change to cross Pershing and I also had to stop to tie my shoe). Ain't technology wonderful?!? As an added bonus, I get to tell the whole world how far I live from a library and how long it takes for me to walk there.

My weekend is coming up. Working in the broadcast business gives you the opportunity to be much more excited about a Tuesday or Wednesday than the general population. Nothing really big planned. I probably pick up some groceries and pay some bills. I'll have the distinct pleasure of paying off my traffic citation. I about got another one yesterday as I drove the wrong way down a one way street for a couple of blocks before I realized what I was doing. It's Cheyenne, nobody was coming the other way!

Gotta finish checking the email. I am looking forward to being able to do this a little easier. Saturday isn't too far away......

BOJ

Comments:
Is that Pershing named after the general or the missile. I have got to know. Huh?
 
You said you ate some hash browns to go with "your polish sausage". I distinctly remember that your sausage was German!!! Ha!Ha!

Can't wait for your Saturday. Is Tues/Wed your weekend?

BOJ should have his own Discovery Channel show about using a GPS and he many adventures of doing so. That would be cool.

MoniP
 
A couple of years ago I wrote some song lyrics, your basic blues kinda thing, about a woman missin' her man who happens to be Polish...and I called it Polish Sausage Blues. I guess you could have some hash browns on the side if you want but I prefer less crunchy, less solid food to enhance that particular experience.
 
So much to respond to.....

I'll start with the easy one, Ed. My guess is that Pershing Ave. is named after the general. While F.E. Warren is currently a missle base, it was originally a cavalry post. Some of the other streets in my neighborhood are named after late 19th, early 20th century generals, I have to take Randall to work (not the guy from Clerks, the street.

OK for the comments on "Polish Sausage," well, where to start...

MoniP, unless I've had a horrible lapse in memory (and possibly judgement, you're way too good of a friend), you've never sampled my ethnic sausage, polish or otherwise.

As for T1G, all I can say is 'crunchy'? Sometimes I don't vaccum my carpet as much as I should (insert dirty joke here) but never has that activity been considered crunchy.

And to all concerned, The Kaiser remains German. T1G, I owe you another drink.......
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives