Tuesday, February 14, 2006

 

Inconvenience Stores Abound in Wyoming

Now I've gone and done it, I went and got a Wyoming driver's license. OK, it wasn't really out of any desire to be in full compliance with the law, or wanting The Cowboy State to have a few more of my hard earned dollars, no it's because my current driver's license (not an SD, by the way)experies in 11 days. Having dealt with California DMV in the past, the 5 minute wait to get a license was no hardship. The examiner I dealt with was even born in Long Beach, CA, so her and I had lots and lots to talk about. She grew up in Belmont Shore which was blocks away from Residences #24 & #23 in the LBC. I knew the location of her high school and the hospital she was born in, but she stumped me with a reference to the Colorado Lagoon. Anyone know what she was talking about? Is that some pre-breakwater body of water that I wouldn't know about?

Also paid of my traffic ticket (more money for The Cowboy State). The officer realized that he had put the wrong date on the ticket and had attached an addendum to the original. I had to empty my pockets to go upstairs to pay the ticket. That, of course, required me to remove and explain the harmonica that I always have with me. In a traffic stop is was once mistaken for a possible firearm. Fun stuff.

Also checked out neighbor Tim's favorite liquor store and bought so Jaegermeister which was on sale for Valentine's Day. No, I have no Valentines plans for the nectar, The Kaiser shall remain in a non-dancing mode this evening unless I meet some willing young thing here at the library. A quick glance around shows no real prospects.

If you want my real thoughts on this day, check the archives for last year's Valentines post. The title of that post brought about one of the biggest traffic days in Globex Corporation Newsletter history. It's all true folks, and I'd have probably just reposted it if I had 'net service at Residence #27.

Time to head home and enjoy some of the Shiner Bocks I bought at the liquor store, by the way, you can only buy booze at liquor stores here. No stopping by the Loaf -n- Jug or picking up a six with the groceries. No liquor stores in my neighborhood either. Convenice stores without beer? How inconvenient!

BOJ

Comments:
There just might be a local dance studio that offers ballroom dancing lessons. Along with the fox trot, a little two or four step, polka and other standards, they probably offer a waltz. It's up to you whether you feel comfortable enough to bring up the kaiser business.

Then again, if you do, you may just end up enriching the coffers of the state of Wyoming that much more.

BTW, you now owe me 14 shots of Jag.
 
I am disenchanted with "The Cowboy State". That is UnAmerican to not be able to buy beer at the grocery store, or the quickie mart. Not only do they have "Brokeback Mountain"; they're breakin' your "boys" with no beer conviniece.

Can't wait till Saturday.

MoniP
 
Unbeereevable. Would it be fun to lightly dust a harmonica with gunpowder?
 
Again responding in order.....

I took a dance class when I was married, learned the foxtrot and the waltz pretty well. Didn't receive instruction on any more specific 'waltzing' though I'm not sure I really needed it.

Wow MoniP, combining not being able to buy beer in a convenience store and "Brokeback Mountain" into one cogent complaint about the great state of Wyoming. Outstanding! You need your own blog!

I've never combined harmonicas and gunpowder, though once I combined harmonicas with jalapeno peppers, completely by accident. I was making fajitas at home before Cheers open mic, got some oil on my fingers which then found it's way onto one of my harps. Burned like crazy! Fun in a sort of sadist way I guess.
 
Yeah, you can get quick, no hassle loans HERE!!!

Why spam this post of all posts?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives