Friday, January 13, 2006

 

Big Move

DSCF1349
A far cry from a '74 Ford Pinto...
I lived in 4 different residences while in college, moving back home for the first couple of summers. I remember one particular move, heading back to the folks' house for the summer, everything I owned was loaded into a 1974 Ford Pinto. This is sad for a couple of reasons. First of all, everything I owned fit into a 1974 Ford Pinto. Second, I owned a 1974 Ford Pinto.

On that particular move the Pinto busted a clutch cable. Actually, it broke a clutch cable during 3 consecutive finals weeks. The first time I got it fixed, but this time, the mechanic was unable to find a replacement but told me how to drive this particular car without using the clutch. So not only was I driving west on I-90 with everything I owned in a 1974 Ford Pinto, but I was also doing it without a clutch, matching speeds and shifting on the fly, knocking the car into neutral and coasting into the Roadrunner Truck Stop in Chamberlain for gas, then putting the car into second gear and hitting the ignition to start the car for the rest of my trip.

Twenty years later, I'm moving yet again. No longer will everything fit into a compact car, my Subaru itself much bigger than the little Pinto ever was. No, this time it's a huge Wells Cargo trailer and a big-ass Ford Pickup.

I've accumulated a lot of stuff in the past twenty years. I'm probably a whole lot less happy than I was as a college sophomore, having accumulated a lot of emotional baggage over that time as well.

If things go right, I'll be on the road at 6am tomorrow. I'll be saying goodbye to the RC one more time. This time it's only 300 miles and 300 miles is a lot less distance than it was 20 years ago. I'll be back, I'm sure, either to visit or on a more permanent basis if this newest thing doesn't work out. Hopefully I'll be back on March 11th, to play a little music one more time, providing my near-future employer allows me some time off.

See, I'm already planning to get back.

BOJ

Comments:
You be careful hauling all that stuff up to the 14th floor.
 
Lokesh Enterprises- Find here manufacturers and suppliers of clutch cable in delhi, india. We are also provide maruti clutch cable manufacturers in delhi, tata ace clutch cable, tata iris clutch cable, compact clutch cable, india. Ape piaggio clutch cable in delhi. VIEW MORE :- Clutch cable manufacturers
 
S.N ENTERPRISES was founded in the year 1990, by Mr. Naveen Arora and is the leading manufacturer of Hydraulic Pipe Bending Machines , Pipe Bending Die, Ball Mandrel, Wiper shoe, Receiving Gauge, Welding Fixtures, Brazing Fixtures. Visit:Pipe Bending Die

 
S.N Enterprises also offers complete Pipe Bending services, End Forming services, Pipe Flaring services in material MS, Aluminum, ERW, Stainless Steel, Copper, Titanium and others. View More: Pipe Bending Services



 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives