Thursday, December 08, 2005

 

Two Choices

So, it seems like I'm going to have to make a choice soon. I've never been good with choices, as I've stated many times before, given a choice between two seemingly equal options, I will ALWAYS choose the one that turns out worse for me in the end. I could go into great detail, bitching at great length (which, as we all know, is what I do best) about the way my decisions have turned out, but that really won't get me anywhere.

So, soon I'll be choosing between two options. Option 1 changed the rules in the middle of their silly game. Ironically, they changed the rules to a way more in line with my personal beliefs, well sort of. But Option 1 chose to change the rules in a way that was most disadvantageous to me personally at the time. Folks, my morals and convictions only go so far. I see the world operating on a set of rules that are contrary to the way I try to live my life, but I try to do things the right way. But, in despriation, I change and play their stupid fucking game. Option 1 gets a sudden change of heart and tries to be all moral, fucking me in the process.

I have a poor history with Option 2. Option 2 has screwed me over in the past. I have a rule in my life: I like everyone until they fuck me over. I know that sounds pretty heartless, but finding myself continually screwed over by the same people earlier in my life taught me that this is the best course of action. I very rarely give anyone a second chance. That's not to say that I don't understand that people will occasionally make mistakes and that I shouldn't forgive them for that. I do. Probably too much. But I've found that some people and organizations are completely in it for themselves, you can usually tell pretty soon upon meeting them, too. Still, I give them a chance until they do something malicious, then the gloves are off. So the gloves have been off with Option 2 for quite some time now. And through the whole process, I've been quite clear with Option 2 that I am very displeased with past treatment. Option 2 assures me that they have changed, but I see a lot of the same shit happening this time that I've seen before and, frankly, it's hard to believe that any stated change is genuine.

Still, whichever option I choose, I'm pretty sure it will be the wrong one. That's my history.

BOJ

Comments:
Obviously, you have been thinking. Hey, pick one or create another. Or, is the cat in the box? Have you ever just gone off on another tangent? Got two bucks in your pocket and feeling kind of crazy? Just want to see what might happen? Step off the cliff. If you're gonna be unhappy with options 1 and 2, make more options. Reality is a participation thing. Really. Just don't quit blogging. I really enjoy your work.
 
You're right, of course. I gotta remember that there's always more than two unappealing choices. There are an infinite number of unappealing choices out there!

Seriously, though, thanks for reminding me of that.
 
Two condoms, two Cory's, two harmonicas, Two Rivers, two choices. There are bigger numbers, or just different ones. Why limit yourself? Sometimes life sucks but at least you're still around to complain about it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives