Tuesday, December 27, 2005

 

There's Light at the End of the Tunnel

When I re-read the previous post, I get the feeling that I'm conveying that I didn't have an enjoyable Christmas. Nothing could have been further from the truth. I got to spend time with my family. The whole family was there, my parents and every known off-spring (I found out the woman I wrote Two Condoms about has one more kid than when I knew her - I didn't always wear two....) for four generations. Pretty special if you ask me.

Plus I got to kick everybodys' collective asses in a knew Trivial Pursuit game. We got the 90's Edition last year, and it's been played twice, last Christmas my youngest niece and I beat a couple of other teams, this Thanksgiving I played against the entire family and beat them. Then again, an old girlfriend of mine and I beat my entire dorm floor when I was a sophmore, so I have a history of doing that kind of thing. A guy I worked with at SDPTV beat me in a game when we were both working one evening and this bulemic girl who lived with my family one summer beat me once. We played two or three games every day after supper and she beat me once.

But I lost on Jeopardy! so I should really just keep my trap shut.

Got most everything cleaned up in the old apartment (not the BNL song) today. Bathroom and kitchen are done. One last pass with the carpet shampooer and a good sink cleaning and I'll be done, damn it! Big thanks to the one I used to call "Scooter" when he was 4 and his wife for a big assist. Having someone around who actually knows how to clean a bathroom is quite useful at times like this.

Off to a jam at the Firehouse tonight. Free munchies start in a couple of minutes, but I should probably clean myself up a little bit before all is said and done.

BOJ

Comments:
Heavy duty cleaning is best done by sone one else and is best when it is done! Glad to see that you are in better spirits.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives