Thursday, November 24, 2005

 

The Triumphant Return of Recipe Thursday

That's right folks, it's Recipe Thursday: The Thanksgiving Edition:

Recipe for Thanksgiving


1 (or more) Turkey too large for number of people attending
Enough side dishes to feed neighborhood
Pie (preferably not in chart form) and assorted desserts


Upon sitting at table, loosen belt and unbuckle pants. You'll need the extra room. Eat Turkey and side dishes until absolutely stuffed, only then shall the pie and other desserts be introduced. Decide you should only have a little piece of pie but have two pieces of differing varieties just to make the creators of each happy. Retire to living room to watch football. At some point give thanks that you're not a Detroit Lions fan. Fall asleep as Broncos at Cowboys turns into a rout for the good guys (you decide who the good guys are, it will be divided in our house this afternoon). At some point, honestly give thanks for what you have. My life sucks, but I still have plenty to be thankful for. Don't forget to have a little sandwich later in the afternoon. Be sure to eat as much as you did earlier in the day. Enjoy more pie.

BOJ

Comments:
Today, I am going to eat some stuff I found in the woods where I live. Maybe I'll get to see things! The rest of you may nap away!
 
Don't forget the whipped cream on the pie. Pie without whipped cream is just wrong!!
 
Geez, and I normally only associate whipped cream with Waltzing with the Kaiser....

All strange perversions aside, I once read that a little bourbon in the whipping cream makes a lovely topping for pecan pie. Tried it myself a few years ago, probably over did the bourbon but it was very good. If I cut back on the bourbon by about half it would have been perfect. It worked well on pecan pie, though I can only see it working for about 3.14159% of other pi varieties.
 
1. There is nothing perverted about combining whipped cream with Walzing with The Kaiser activities.

2. Sure, but can you work the Fibonacci sequence into a pie joke?

3. My favorite whipped cream variation is adding a little cinnamon and nutmeg. Works with pretty much any type of pie except maybe lemon merangue.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives