Friday, November 25, 2005

 
favoritegraph
Nobody will pay me for the stuff I like to do.
Like that makes me different than anybody else.....
Someday I swear I'll make money doing something that I truely enjoy doing. Until then, I'll just continue to bitch about the fact that nobody will. The fun part, of course, is coming up with interesting ways to bitch about it.

The fact that anybody has ever paid me any money to play music still astounds me. I've actually managed to make more money playing music this year then I spent buying harmonicas. And except for a Bb harp with a bad key, I'm actually doing pretty good in the harp department at the present time.

As for blogging and writing, well I guess I really do it because I enjoy it. The $27.50 loss quoted was for the purchase of a new mouse after the old one crapped out this past spring. As I use that mouse for other things besides blogging it's probably not fair to put that whole loss into that category, but it looks cool that way, so what the hell.

Graphics, well, it's become pretty apparent that nobody will ever pay me to do that. Oddly enough, I have absolutely no desire to quit. Getting a copy of Photoshop with my digital camera was more of a life changing event than owning the camera itself. My recent penchant for making USA Today style graphs about my own feelings is sort of freeing, both emotionally and creativly.

As for the last category, well, even if it were legal for me to receive payment for that, I doubt that I'd ever make much money. A string of former girlfriends would most likely confirm that. Of course, the subject is moot as I haven't done that in quite a while. I remember it being pretty cool though. Even better than music.

BOJ

Comments:
You should really feel obligated to send me a dollar every time you use the term "walzing with the kaiser". Or we could just keep track and next time I'm out there you could buy me a beer or a shot of Jag for each use of the clever term, which, btw, combines music with sex!!!
 
Ooh! Good point!
 
Speaking of points, the worst part about walzing with the kaiser is when he forgets to take off that pointy metal helmet...
 
I was waiting for that comment. Actually, I was trying to figure out a way to bring it up without offending anyone. Yes, occasionally I actually try not to offend people!
 
So were you disappointed when I went to the obvious? I think I did manage to work it in with the utmost taste, it was subtle without being obscure.
 
Not dissapointed at all. I set 'em up, you knock 'em down. I don't get to be the straight man often enough (that's straight man in the comedy duo context), but it's something I need more work with. I usually feel a need to jump all over the obvious joke in an Abrams/Zucker/Abrams fashion. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just trying to show some retraint.
 
I assumed that you are a straight guy, considering your obsessions with Sue Foley and boobs. Now if you were obsessed with Barbra Streisand and the possibility of growing your own boobs, that would be an entirely different thing.
 
Then you obviously haven't seen me without my shirt on...... I've said too much already.....
 
But the image has been planted! Thank you very much!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives