Sunday, November 06, 2005

 

In My Hand Update

boobiegraph
I know you've seen it before, but since I wrote a song based on it,
this graph is still relevant.
In My Hand is the most recent song I've writen. It's fun to say that it's based on this graph, but in truth, both the graph and the song are based on a conversation with an old girlfriend who I refer to as 5-55. Those who know me well and are good with number puzzles would probably be able to figure out who she is, and it wouldn't bother me if anyone knew who she was, but it's sort of like my own anonymity on this blog, she deserves at least as much of that anonymity as I give myself. Admitedly that's not much but it's the least I can do.

Now I run into 5-55 occasionally at school (oooh, another clue) and other than an early Sunday morning phone call in which she needed something from me, was the first place I'd talked to her in over a year. We've had a couple of nice conversations since she broke the ice with me one time. We were both assigned to the same study hall once and spent the hour talking about my music. She expressed that she didn't have time to see me play being all busy and junk.

I had yet to talk to her during the current school year as I've spent a lot more time at the middle school than the high school (yet another clue!). On Wednesday I ran into her as I was hustling down to study hall to releive a sick teacher. I was pretty focused and more than a little groggy, so I actually didn't notice her, I would have walked right on by her if she hadn't asked me who I'm in for. When I get called in late like that, it screws people up as my name doesn't appear in the announcements as subbing that day, so she was probably somewhat surprised to see me. Having been awake only 1 hour at the time I wasn't as observant or quick witted as I normally am. I simply answered her question and went about my way.

At open mic that night I was telling some folks about a new song I'd written and that I actually ran into the person who inspired the song. They asked if I told her. I had to admit that I didn't. Thinking it over, I regret that, not for any petty jealousy or tail-twisitng reasons, but because it would have been the first time I'd have been able to do that. See the stuff I miss out on by not being a morning person!

BOJ

Comments:
Something every woman lives for is to have a song written about her. Particularly if the song is flattering. Or at least amusing. I can tell you from personal experience that it's pretty cool. The weirdest thing is being in the room and hearing "my" song be performed! All I can say is, I'm grateful I don't blush. I enjoy sitting there knowing I'm being sung about, keeping my own sweet little secret. I feel that I have been immortalized in a very wonderful way. Tell 5-55 she inspired you, BOJ!!
 
And while I'm at it, I'll tell the woman I wrote "Two Condoms" about that she inspired me too!
 
I cannot resist. In hand is inspiring.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives