Friday, November 18, 2005

 

Greetings from the Road

As Jack Black sang in the phenomeal acoustic metal band Tenacious D, "the road is fu--king hard." Actually the trip to Wisconsin was quite uneventful other than an expired credit card that wasn't discovered until we tried to buy gas with it. Never fear, we were still in Rapid City at the time and true crisis was averted.

Drove as far as Presho the first night, just to get out of town. Thursday's drive was much more manageable after that, arriving in Two Rivers, Wisconsin shortly before 10pm last night.

Adventures today have included retreiving an escaped westie-mix (I got to see a lot of this town this morning!) and a short walk after lunch to get a gas can. Oh, well, I've had worse adventures in my life.

Playing at a small college tonight in Manitowok, just a few miles up the road. May actually help build a Thanksgiving Day Parade float before the show as doing so would also include a meal.

There's snow on the ground here, about thirty degrees Fahrenheit (aboot 0 degrees Celsius for my Canadian friends) as I sit about eight blocks from Lake Michigan. It's sort of a postcard town, exactly what you'd expect to see if you watched a movie about Wisconsin. Why anyone would watch a movie about Wisconsin is beyond me.....

Tomorrow it's a couple hours south to Chicago to play a house part on Saturday night. I know this sounds sort of odd, but the house party is "sold out." BOJ and Mike Reardon are playing a sold out show. That's definitely a first for me. To keep that sounding somewhat impressive, I'll not tell you what number of humans "sold out" entails.

Should the opportunity present itself, I'll try to include some photos in my next post.

BOJ

Comments:
Cool! Sold out is exactly that. Be safe.
 
How about a movie made in Wisconsin? Like the Rodney Dangerfield classic Back to School!! A fellow SD thespian, Theresa Lyons, has a cameo in the film as the cashier in the college bookstore. And, yes, if you must ask, I acted under her apt direction a number of years ago. Doing Chekov, no less. Okay, that's enough name dropping for now. btw, you guys are near the Neenah/Menasha/Appleton area where I have family!
 
The legacy of the "two's" continues! Two condoms, two harmonicas, two Cory's, and now Two Rivers! What's next, some sick fantasy involving twins and dancing with the kaiser?!?!?! This is just two much.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives