Monday, October 31, 2005

 

Wall Drug / In My Hand


Free Ice Water! What a Marketing Strategy!
All weekend long I was putting the finishing touches on a couple of songs. Today I've been trying to learn them, since I hate having to read anything while I'm playing. I mean, come on, I'm already playing, you mean you want me to read to? I like to commit them to memory because you never know when you're going to forget to take the lyrics to something somewhere that you'd need them.

Sometimes it's good for me to write something down to help me remember it. Hell, I've got one of these blog thingies, I can write the lyrics down here. I won't put the guitar chords down, not that I'm afraid someone would steal them and make themselves millions of dollars on something I wrote, but if someone does try to steal this and make millions of dollars off of it, one of the things they'll need to do is be a little more creative with music anyway. So if you steal it, do something better musically than I do. That would make me happy.

WALL DRUG

You say we're in a rut
And you're always complainin'
That I never take you anywhere
But I know a place
A short drive from here
Where we can party like we just don't care
I-90 East, get off on exit 110
You know I done it before
It's time to do it again
Let's go to

Wall Drug Baby
Get in that car come along with me
Wall Drug Baby
You know the Ice Water's always free
My family used to stop there all of the time
Besides the price of gas it won't cost us a dime
Wall Drug Baby, Wall Drug Baby
Come on pretty baby and take my hand
We'll shake our booties to the animated cowboy band
Wall Drug Baby, Wall Drug Baby

I see that lok on your face
It's a scowl not a frown
And you haven't even said a peep
You're havin' second thoughts about me
And you're thinkin' 'bout a man
Who isn't quite so cheap
But if you're headed east
And you wanna have fun
And you need a plce to stop
Well there ain't more than one
It's only

Wall Drug Baby
Don't look at me like I'm a dope
Wall Drug Baby
So you can finally see a jack-a-lope
I see your face turnin' that reddish hue
But tonight we're doin'g somethin' that I wanna do
Wall Drug Baby, Wall Drug Baby
I'll even spring for the apple pie ala mode
I read about it on a sign by the side of the road
Wall Drug Baby, Wall Drug Baby


(Spoken) Look at all this fine stuff here, baby! All these post cards, let’s send one to your mamma. We’re at Wall Drug, wish you were here. Won’t she be jealous! Wall Drug, baby, the world’s most famous drug store. I’ll take your picture on that big ol’ jack-a-lope out back and then will get some of that fine nickle coffee. We’ll tell ‘em we’re pheasant hunters or a missile crew or somethin’. It’ll be fun. And remember, there’s an actual operating pharmacy here, I can even re-fill my Zoloft prescription. I’m starting to crash a little bit here, so that might not be such a bad idea. We’ll even get one of those bumper stickers for the car. Then everyone will know we’ve been to:


Wall Drug Baby, Wall Drug Baby
Wall Drug Baby, Wall Drug Baby

Don't know what I was think'
Drivin' all the way to Wall
Just to visit some tourist trap
It's just a stupid litte drug store
In a silly little town
and they filled it up with crap
But those billboards on the hiway
Made the place look so great
And in truth I hadn't been there
Since I was seven or eight

No more Wall Drug Baby
No I'll never make you do that again
No more Wall Drug Baby
'Cuz I'd like to keep you as a friend
You don't have to get angry
No you don't have to pout
I got a better idea for our
Next weekend out
No more Wall Drug Baby, Wall Drug Baby
Don't feel down trodded
Don't look so forlorn
We'll see the world's largest building
That's all covered in corn
It's the Corn Palace Baby, Corn Palace Baby
Corn Palace Baby
No more Wall Drug Baby


Next I wrote sort of a love song. This is somewhat serious as I've never been in a relationship with anyone who thought there wasn't something she could do to herself to make herself more attractive to me. I've always thought that was silly, even though my track record won't show it, once I settle into a relationship, I'm in it for the long haul. That's part of the problem I suppose, I get too comfortable and start to take women for granted, but still, I'm not really into the superficial things. Well, not many superficial things. This came from one conversation with 5-55 and a whole lot of conversations with my ex-wife.

In My Hand

You ask how much I love you
I just don't know how to say
That in truth I love you more and more
With every passing day
You ask what kind of girl I like
I think the answer's plain to see
My favorite kind
Is ling right here next to me

You ask me my opinion
Of the color of your hair
It just don't mean that much to me
To tell the truth I just don't care
When it comes to the color of your hair
I'll admit it don't mean a lot
My favorite color
Is the color that you've got

Straight or curly, long or short
Flowin' free or underneath a hat
I just don't mean that much to me
My love just don't depend on that
It's the high I feel when I'm with you
And the low when we're apart
It's not the way you look
It's what you've got inside your heart

(harmonica solo)

You say you've got one more question
And then you'll send me on my way
You ask what kind of boobs I like
You wonder 'bout it every day
Well the small ones are nice
And the big ones I know
Are always in demand
But my favorite kind
Are the ones that're in my hand

But I like your sister's too.....


It's been a while since I've written something that's likely to get me slapped. It's Bitch all over again.

Comments:
Just had to throw the sister thing in there, huh. What are you trying to do, look like a misogynist (?).??!!!))))((((({}{}]]]. My fingers are nuts.
 
Where's the pie chart?

I do have to say that In My Hand will weed out the women who don't have a sense of humor. BOJ, you need a woman with a very healthy sense of humor. In that respect, such a song will actually end up working to your advantage in securing feminine company. And I'm not going to go near the possibility that you actually may enjoy getting slapped!
 
Enjoy being slapped? Not in the sense that you're getting at, but if something I do or say is funny enough, I'll do it even though I know there's a slap comming at the end. It was that attitude that allowed me to stay married for 1046 days, and not a day longer.

P957 did have an endorsement deal, of sorts, with the maker of a BDSM sex toy called Misery Maker. Actually Slappy is Jebus would have been a natural, but I thought about it just as we changed our name to ..... uh..... what do we call ourselves again?
 
fantastic issues altogether, you just received a new reader.
What may you suggest in regards to your publish that you
simply made some days ago? Any certain?

Look into my weblog: urzad celny warszawa
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives