Monday, October 03, 2005

 

Positive Day and the PQ Index

pqgraph
How positive is Positive Day? Check the PQ Index to
find out!
Once again it's Positive Day, the one day a week that I vow to be positive on Globex Corporation Newsletter, to not let my general bad attitude shine through too completely. It's a day when I only write about things I like, as opposed to writing about things that generally piss me off. And off we go.....

Another great poker game on Saturday night, geez, I really love that game and luckily no one is too terribly competetive. Someone other than me won and I couldn't be happier about it (Positive Day), I think his name is David, though not the David who is related to me who was also at the game. I think it was really swell how we nearly eliminated CCG but then eased up on her so she could kick all of our tails, well, all of our tails except David's.

A fine open mic at Cheers last night as well. TSA and I hadn't attended in quite some time and discussing why that was the case would most definitely violate the sanctity of Positive Day, if you were to sort through some old posts you'd probably be able to find the reason, though. Suffice it to say is was really nice to be back. I had honestly forgotten how much I missed my once favorite Sunday night activity. It was damn good to see Brian play again since I hadn't seen him play in well over a month, he unable to make the Wednesday night Dunn Bros. show, us unwilling to attend Sundays at Cheers. I'm glad it worked out this week.

TSA and I took the stage pretty early since I had to get up pretty early this morning. We started it off with a new version of Rollin' & Tumblin'. I like doing a song we're pretty well known for in a completely different way. It still needs some work, but the new version definitely has possibilities. We followed that up with our newest tune, BNL's Be My Yoko Ono which some people seemed to take a little notice of. Again, a tune that really could use some work, but it's good to get it out in front of people. I think it could end up being a pretty big tune for us. Locomotive Breath was after that, something we worked out after TSA and I were knocked out of Saturday's poker game in spite of our stellar play (Positive Day). And it wouldn't be a Sunday at Cheers if we didn't play Two Condoms or Vibrator Dependent both songs getting the folks at the bar to put down their drinks and actually glance our way a time or two.

It's seventh grade science today. I haven't had to deal with any of the seventh graders yet this year, but it's a planned absence by the teacher so I'm sure he'll have stuff all lined up for the kids to do. With no assemblies or parades planned for tomorrow (that I know of) I shouldn't have to use many of the skills I learned herding cattle on the grandparents' farm. All in all it should be a pretty positive day.

BOJ

Comments:
Having a good hair day and one of the college guys at work couldn't believe I was old enough to be his mother! The age of miracles must indeed be upon us.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives