Monday, September 26, 2005

 

Monday is Positive Day

When I look over past posts on this here little blog, I realize that a good number of them are pretty negative. It all seems to be about things that annoy me. I'll admit that as a writer that's when I seem to do my best work. And let's face it, I'm ever going to stop bitching about stuff that pisses me off, but maybe, just maybe picking one day a week and only writing positive things will be good for my soul. On the other hand, it could also have the effect of turning the following day into Mega-Bitch Tuesdays. I'll probably be staying up until 12:01am just so I can unload. But what the hell, let's give it a try.

Hey, poker on Saturday night was a blast, I even somehow won a game despite the truely heroic quantity of Jim Beam I conusmed. That certainly is a fine Bourbon (positive day). I managed to win one, like I said, but everyone's play was fantastic (positive day), everyone at the table quite capable of playing this silly game on the poressional level (positive day).

In all seriousness, Andy's poker table is fantastic giving a real Vegas quality to our game. Now if we can just get hot chicks to bring us free drinks while we play..... The black felt (it's not actually felt, what is it?) looks great and certainly adds to my enjoyment of the game.

TSA and I even managed to get a tune or two in after the game. We've got a new one that we've been wroking on that could end up sounding really cool. And Thursday night I realized that there's not just the obvious lyrical joke in the song, but a much more subtle musical joke. It only took my 13 years to get that joke, too. Reminds me of the band The Tubes, I didn't get the true meaning of their songs Sushi Girl and Tip of My Tongue for about 10 years. But hey, that's OK (positive day), being slow on the uptake just accentuates the reaction when you finally get a joke that you heard over 10 years ago.

Golly, didn't the Minnesota Vikings look fantastic yesterday adequetly coached (positive day only goes so far) by fine human being Mike Tice? It was even nice the way they let a team they were completely outclassing for the first 30 minutes outplay them in the second half, the Saints losing their home stadium to Hurricane Katrina and what-not. Yep, fine job folks, especially you Mr. Tice.

Thanks to 49ers QB Tim Rattay for playing a good game. As starting QB for my fantasy football team, the Box Elder BRACs it's great that you had positive points this week. Actually he had more points in our league than All-World QB Donovan F. McNabb who was thrown up against me this week. Also, I need to thank my fantastic stble of RB's, I only wish I could start you all - really. Thanks to afore mentioned Mike Tice for starting Mewelde Moore, allowing him to have a big game therby complicating my RB situation even more.

Have a fantabulous sun-shiny day!

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives