Tuesday, August 23, 2005

 

I Before E Except After P Diddy


Howdy Diddy!
It's sort of hard for me to comment on this withouth unleashing a stream of obscenities (and sometimes my mother reads this) but what is up with this? I'm not so much talking about Mr. Combs, he can do whatever he wants, he can call himself whaever he wants, Puff Daddy, Puffy, P-Diddy, Puffy-D, Puf-Did, Father Billowy, etc., I don't care. Which is exactly my point, I don't care, so why is this news? My link is to a story on CNN for Christ's sake! CNN! Aren't the Israelis pulling out of Gaza? Aren't the Iranians and North Koreans developing nuclear weapons? Who the hell at CNN has the time to do a story about some guy changing his fake name?

That's my view on most entertainment news. When I watched my first newscasts after moving to LA, I noticed that everyone had an "entertainment reporter." Hey whatever, but they were announced at the beginnng of the show. ".....with your Action 7 News Team: Rod Pompus and Cindy Turkle; Josh Wakefield with weather, Susan Anderson with entertainment and Skip Feegles with sports...." Every newscast devoted time to who Colin Ferrel was doing or some other such silliness. A newscast is only about 22 minutes of content, wasting 3 or 4 minutes of it on Hollywood crap is a waste of my time. If you want that crap watch Access Hollywood or The Insider or other similar pap. I've got an idea, try giving us the news.

I realize that the world can be a pretty depressing place, and I see the value of the escapism of entertainment reporting. I see the value of a single entertainment type story in a serious newscast, but one, just one. And since I have now deemed that only one will be allowed (and all of you media outlets had best fall in line or penalties will be thought up and enforced on your asses - Globex Corporation is a powerful outfit!) let's make it something a little more substantial than dropping a consonant from in front of a fake name.

Bee O'Jizzle

Comments:
PROZAC
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives