Thursday, August 11, 2005

 

Back to School


Tyler
Originally uploaded by Blind Orange Julius.
A somewhat slower night at Dunn Bros. in the RC last nght, though a slow open mic at this location is still pretty hoppin'. And besides fine musicians, this show is attended by the finest looking women. I don't know what that means, really, but I'm not complaining.

There were surprises, as always, like Billy who didn't even know there was an open mic going on, so he ran home and got a guitar so he could play. Good stuff and I hope he remembers us next week. Same time, same place. Arnie did a couple of songs, good to see him back in action after an accident that curtailed his ability to play for a while. He played a little bit of Neil Young's Heart of Gold which Mike and I have been playing for a while now. OK, Arnie and I now have one tune in common, hopefully we can share the stage sometime in the future.

Aaron was in for the first time in quite a while. For me his music takes a little getting used to, very busy rhythmicaly but stunning when he's on. Found out I missed his playing when he's not around much. Good that he made it back, and he said he'd been down at Cheers on Sunday hope to see him there.

Amanda was fantastic again. While her playing and singing was great as always, her biggest contribution may have been her sound hole pickup which she allowed numerous other musicians to use. You gotta love folks who loan out their gear without a second thought, which reminds me, haven't seen Uncle Bill on a Wednesday night in a while.

Tyler put in one final performance before heading back to school in Montana. I was sure glad to have him around for the summer. He put on another fine show as always. While our little open mic scene may have lost one fine voice, I'm sure someone I've never heard before will simply show up somewhere and completely awe me like Tyler did. That's just the way it seems to work around here, there's more talent than places to play it seems.

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives