Sunday, July 24, 2005

 

Writing Breeds More Writing

There's an option on all Blogger blogs that allows you to randomly go to someone else's blog. I love this feature, I simply love reading about other people's thoughts. And unlike reading a blog by someone I know, random blogs will treat you to the unexpected. I suggest that everyone occasionally read a blog or two by someone they've never met.

As I would do this myself, I was amazed at how infrequently some people blogged. Sure, some people will sign up for this free service, post once and decided it's a chore more than somethng they do for fun. Some people just don't blog on a regular schedule. When I started blogging, I tried to write something everyday, no matter how inane. I just look at this as a place to practice writing. As I've stated many times before, I'm suprised that anyone ever reads this, but since I do it purely for myself, that doesn't bother me at all.

Somewhere along the line, the novelty has worn off. I've noticed that I've only been blogging about once a week for a while now. I suppose it's a lot of things. I've been really busy with music recently and this week I've been taking care of a friend's dog. I spend a lot of time at her house because the dog really likes people. Plus I've been trying to ride my bike down there. The ride down isn't bad, it's a little more than a mile and 200 feet lower than my apartment. The ride back is a different story and when you add in our 100 degree heat, I'm too tired to even think when I get back home.

I'm going to try to get back into the swing of writing. I truly do enjoy it, blogging really just being essay writing wihich I found I had a talent for when I was in high school. So I promise a blog about tonight's Cheers open mic. I promise blogs about the Dunn Bros. open mic on Wednesdays. Other than that, who knows. But with me, writing tends to breed more writing.

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives