Monday, July 04, 2005

 

Maybe I Was a Little Harsh

Particularly for my good friend MonyP, but also for everyone else out there, TSA and I remain good friends. The issue is entirely creative and we've decided that Slappy is Jebus should be put on the shelf. Creative difficulties can be tough to work through, and the truth is we are trying to work through them. The simple fact is, though, that this seemed a really good time to put an end to Slappy is Jebus.

That said, I was in a difficult situation last night at Cheers. The good folks at Budweiser gave away a guitar last night. Over the last couple of months, eight finalists were selected. TSA was one of them and the guitar was given away last night. As Shawn was eliminating the other finalists (they all got toy guitars) I was sitting with two of the other finalists, Aaron and Joe. I wanted TSA to win, because he's a really good friend, but also because of his plans for the guitar. Before he was even selected as a finalist he had stated that if he won he was going to donate the guitar to the hospital where he works. Their hospital is pretty old and classical style, which nobody really plays. The fact that he planned to do that with the guitar made me want him to win really bad. But I couldn't really root against Joe and Aaron as Shawn was drawing names.

People seemed genuinely moved by the gesture. Cheers manager Terry even considered rigging the drawing in TSA's favor. Shawn would have none of that (I respect him even more because of that) and a third party actually did the drawing. After winning, another bar patron, Bruce, came over to tell TSA how pleased he was with his decision. That probably wouldn't mean a whole lot except that Bruce, a long haired biker type is raffling of chances to cut off his pony tail for charity and then sending the hair to an organization that makes wigs for cancer patients.

We played music, playing Anti Love Song with 3/4 of P957 was particularly fun, but last night was all about unselfishness. I promise in the future that when I feel like being a whiny bitch, I'll think about that night before I post.

BOJ

Comments:
Did I miss something? If so, why? Was I busy with the Swedish Bikini Team? Was I just Stupid?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives