Thursday, July 28, 2005

 

"I'm a Loser Baby, So Why Don't You Kill Me...."

In a move that was a little different for both TSA and myself, Bruce's Haircut (hey, that's what we're calling ourselves, at least in the short term) played at Dunn Bros. when people where actually there. With TSA on a two week vacation from the bin, he was able to catch the entire open mic last night. Our stage time of 8:15 was probably the earliest we'd ever played there. Good set, too with Locomotive Breath (I really need to ad the distortion pedal on that one), Rollin' & Tumblin' and we finished her up with Got My Mojo Workin'. The crowd was doing the response thing on Mojo with Willy Grigg leading the way. It really is cool when that happens. In Keystone on Monday, Mike mentioned something about the Beck song Loser before we started Mojo so I threw the chorus into the middle section where I usually sing a little Bo Diddley. It sounded really cool and I thought of doing it last night again. I probably should have, too, but I was trying to think of something else that would work in there. As it turned out, the crowd was into it, and I didn't want to risk losing them by trying something that didn't work. Instead, I just put the Bo Diddley in there. It worked as always, but doing Loser in Keystone has really got me to thinking. Look for new verisions of Mojo at an open mic near you!

In other open mic news, the Afferent fellows where out the door 17 minutes after they were done playing. I believe that may be the longest they ever stayed somewhere after playing, but they were still gone before the act following them was done. They love music, but only their own.....

They missed out as it was another happenin' Wednesday night at Dunn Bros. The night finished off with Boston based band, Red Velvet Slide (friends of Mike's in the area to play some gigs) doing a couple of numbers. They were absolutely amazing, their harmonies where simply outstanding, which made it even more of a compliment when one of them commented on Mike's and my harmonies when we did a couple of tunes later in the evening. Ah, they probably felt they had to say something nice. I don't want to actually be identified as a musician. Maybe a "musician," but never a musician. When I say it I use the "quotey fingers." Personally, I'd like someone after an open mic to say, "We'd like to thank all of the musicians and also Doug and Andy." That would be cool.

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives