Friday, July 08, 2005

 

Give it a Chance

So the rumor is.... and I think it's really cool that there are rumors going on about me...... but the rumor is that Slappy is Jebus broke up because we were going to start a band with Joe Buckholz and Aaron Voss (maybe Brian Sharp, too, but I wasn't listening as closely as I should have been). While that sounds OK to me (Joe, Brian, TSA and I played a 957 song together on Sunday night), it's not in the plans. Joe and Aaron seem to excel doing the solo thing, and Brian should get involved in some musical venture, but TSA and I are continuing to play together as "Regular Daddy"...... or "Regular Gonzalez" actually the choice of names is the "creative difficulty" we alluded to. Maybe we'll play as both, maybe we'll come up with a different name. I've come up with logos for thos two names, but I often joke with people that I like doing band promotion more than I like playing business.

The Farewell Concert went off pretty well. I've definitely played better, but I think it's been rare that I had more fun on stage. Seeing and editing all of the video has made it possible to actually see how much we were enjoying ourselves. And even though songs like Me & Julion and Locomotive Breath were added specifically for that show, my guess is we'll keep doing them. We played Locomotive Breath at Dunn Bros. on Wednesday and it seemed to work there.

Playing Dunn Bros. was really different this week. Every open mic for the last month has been about playing songs we were weak on. Wednesday we just got to choose two songs, and for the life of us we couldn't really come up with anything. That and having a set list that we had run through so many times made it difficult to choose. WE did come up with two, though, and again put on a decent show at a very busy open mic.

I'll probably head up to the Keystone Dunn Bros. location on Monday as Mike is hosting another open mic there this summer. I'm quite skepticle as to how well it well do, but I want to see for myself. I hope it does well, but unless a lot of those touristas are brining their guitars with them, I doubt that it will go over that well. Give it a chance, though, I always say.

BOJ

Comments:
Sorry to see you guys go...

Well, I would be if I had ever seen you guys. I was waiting for the tour to get out here...

Eh...

Personal Note: Hey BOJ, email me. I am curious when you left the LBC and returned to Hitler, SD (Name that Simpson's episode for bonus points!)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives