Friday, June 03, 2005

 

Two Songs

For This Week's Song, I've done the unprecidented and posted two different songs. This Week's Song #1 is Weird Al's You Don't Love Me Anymore, a song that we've been doing for sometime now. I like it because it sells itself as a serious break-up song for half of the first verse then just goes off into absurdity. If I have any regrets about doing this song, it would be that I never give the original artist credit, knowing that if I did, nobody would buy the "serious" song aspect at the beginning. Still gotta find a way to give the esteemed Mr. Yankovich credit as it's a fantastic song and I've always enjoyed his original songs more than his parodies.

This Week's Song #2 is a new version of last week's This Week's Song, the Gloria Gaynor disco tune I Will Survive. I really love performing this song and was excited that Ken got a recording of it so I could post it here last week. But after listening to it I was a little disspointed, I was suffering a little bit of chest congestion so my voice wasn't completely there. This week I was in much better voice, and as much as I wanted to post You Don't Love Me Anymore I couldn't ignore this version of I Will Survive. Then I realized that it's my blog and I make the rules. Essentially, there aren't any rules, if I want two This Week's Songs, I can have them, damn it! So that's what I did.

In other blog news, BOJ News Service is off an running, making a bit of a splash among SD political Blogs. And it's received some interesting hits, my favorite from someone using the U.S. House of Representatives internet system (linked from Mt. Blogmore). Did you enjoy the pic, Ms. Herseth?

Also, BOJ News Service received a notice from Todd Epp's SD Watch Blog. I emailed Todd a photo responding to Todd's wondering how Sen. Thune lost the President's ear. He offered $25 (to charity) to anyone who could help him find the President's ear. I was able to come up with a photo in about 30 minutes, Todd posted it and added a BOJ News Service link to SD Watch. He also had some nice things to say about BOJ News Service and was happy to send $25 to a worthy veteran's cause.

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives