Sunday, June 05, 2005

 

Two Davids Aren't Better Than One


TIM's Wallet
Originally uploaded by Blind Orange Julius.
Once again the family members of the BOJ clan proved unable to play the fine game of Texas Hold 'Em (though yours truely was the only one at the table who was actually born in the Longhorn State), with David B. and I both going down in flames. Perhaps if we changed the name to 'Texas Hold Them' my love of English grammar would not be offended and I'd do much better in the game.

In any case, I did make a good showing tonight, making it all the way to the final two against TIM. I don't think I ever had the chip lead on him when it was just him and me. TIM played a great game, though what I'll remember is getting beat, pushing in all my chips while playing Got My Mojo Workin', hands full of cards, playing harp in the neck rack. My guess is that's never been seen in the history in (somewhat) competetive poker. Let's see Phil Ivey or Doyle Brunson play Hold 'Em while playing harp. OK, Johnny Chan once beat Chris Moneymaker while playing a Koto (Japanese stringed instrument) with his feet, but he's a real pro, I'm just some schmuck who owns a deck of cards.

Lots of memorable stuff during the game tonight, though the alcohol dulled some of the memories. The one thing I will remember is the reference to 'Gaymosabe' who I believe was the Indian, er, Native American in the Village People. I'm sure there were other good things too, but I'm too busy eating Cheetos (though not in the Ghetto) to remember any of them.

TIM, you again win all of the fake money. I hope it will all fit in your wallet. And I hope nobody steals your identity from the picture attached to this post.......

BOJ

Comments:
.....And I knocked TSA out of the game twice! Yeah, it's all starting to come back to me now......
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives