Wednesday, June 01, 2005

 

The Paper

TSA read an interesting article in The Paper today. I'm sure that's the only reason we played the disco classic I Will Survive down at Dunn Bros. tonight. In all fairness to us, the article is specifically about hearing the song on the radio, so listening to it on the internet (it is This Week's Song) or playing it won't actually turn you gay. That's good to know as I've been playing that song a lot lately.

Actually we kicked off our set with Weird Al'sYou Don't Love Me Anymore, then TSA gave a really long intro to I Will Survive. Let me just say that it sounds a whole lot better with TSA playing guitar instead of me. Glad I only had to concentrate on harp and vocals tonight. And Andy's strings didn't run into the mic stand even once! That's why he's a pro. We finished up with Rollin' & Tumblin' and I got to throw in a Mojo Nixon verse for good measure. Plastic Jesus is a lot like Rollin' & Tumblin' in that there are a lot of verses floating around out there. When we do it, I really mix it up, and we've played it enough times that I don't have to decide which verses I'm going to sing any time we perform it. Plastic Jesus is supposed to be like that, but we always do the same verses in the same order. When I say 'we' I really mean me, I'm the guy singing, so I need to mix it up more. That's something I need to work on.

Short one tonight as "South Park" is on and it's an episode I've only seen one time before.

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives