Saturday, June 25, 2005

 

BOJ Hits 700

The Globex Corporation in partnership with the good folks at First Cause (that's TSA, you know) are proud to announce that BOJ News Service received it's 700th hit tonight. This after a week that saw South Dakota's premiere Graphic Political Humor blog (if you're specific enough, you can be the premiere anything) acheive it's first 100 hit day. Numerous bloggers are linking to us which is just swell. I've tried to return the favor as much as possible. Between these bloggers, my posts on Mt. Blogmore and the good folks at Thunewatch.com it's been an active week at BOJ News Service. OK, the BRAC hearing helped generate a little interest as well. Man I hope nobody's getting all of their news from us. That would be like getting all of your news from Jon Stewart's The Daily Show. It's a great show, but it's for entertainment purposes only. Same here.

Which leads me to another point. Dave, TSA's roommate printed out this photo from BOJ News Service and hung it at his place of work. When he returned (after lunch? I'm not sure, that's why I'm a blogger and not a reporter) it was taken down. He asked the recptionist who took it down and she said she had by someone's request. Controversy, cool! He said someone had complained saying "Hey man, that's not a real billboard." Now I realize that this guy saw the photo out of the context of BOJ News Service so I'll cut him some slack, but still there's only one answer to a statement like that. DUH!!!!! Yeah, those bastards in Abilene, they realy want to put the screws to Rapid City, you know the long rivalry and all. It's been going on for so long that no one remembers why we're fighting anymore. Actually I say the same thing every time I read Doonesbury. "No way, dude! The Presidnt didn't really say that!"

Not that I'm comparing myself to Gary Trudeau or even former Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau (though I do know all the Prime Ministers in order...), but I have to assume that the audience has a little bit of intelligence. If that guy and others like him don't get it, well the site isn't for him. It's the "Dennis Miller Ratio" in action. I like to think that more than one person out of twenty will get what I do, but if that's all it is, then I'll make stuff for that one guy. And bless you for enjoying it.

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives