Sunday, May 08, 2005

 

Wind Blows in Western South Dakota, Film at Eleven.....

Mother's Day wasn't a complete bust, but we did have to change our plans quite a bit. The plan was to do some geocaching. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a little outdoor activity where you use a GPS unit to find a hidden cache of, well, it's essentially just junk. Still, it's a lot of fun. I had found a couple of caches we could do in Canyon Lake park, so we could have a picnic lunch, then do some caches. It rained today, and living in an area that's in the seventh year of a drought, nobody is complaining about the rain. So instead of a picnic lunch, it was lunch at my mom's. I had planned for this, having printed out directions for a cache in their neighborhood. If it wasn't raining too bad, we could do that cache after lunch. Well, that didn't work out so well either. It stopped raining, the sun even came out a little, it was warm enough that we could have found that cache, even with me in shorts. But the wind was blowing like, well being mother's day it was blowing like a mother. So we sat around and played cards instead. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon, though my luck at cards with my family is no better than my luck at the official poker game of the Globex Corporation Newsletter. Actually, my luck with them is probably even worse. Playing poker in the Saturday night game, I occasionally win a hand, I even won all the fake money once. Against my family, playing poker, I have never won a single hand!!! Not that I'm angry about that or anything......

Open mic was OK. TSA and I practiced a little after poker last night, so we were a little more on than usual. We were going to start with Mojo Nixon's Are You Drinkin' With Me Jesus, but Shawn wanted to hear some kazoo, so we did Vibrator Dependent instead. That's even funnier because during the course of the evening, I won a 9 volt battery - don't ask. Then it was two "Blind Orange" Julius originals, Treat Me Like a Dog and Wyle E. Coyote Blues. We finished up with Got My Mojo Workin'. I still have a voice, so my first thought is that I didn't do it right, but I thought we sounded pretty good on it.

The rest of the show went pretty good. I didn't stay long as I don't know if I'm working tomorrow. If I know I have to work, it's easier to get going in the morning than if they call me and wake me in the morning. That getting woken thing don't do me very good (if you're going to use poor grammar, then just butcher it). We'll see if I get a call in the morning. Here's hoping I do.....

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives