Tuesday, May 03, 2005

 

Water Bottle

I lost a water bottle somewhere in my apartment. To most people, that wouldn't be a big deal, but you don't understand, this is me, I don't lose things. On the rare occasion when I do lose something it's really troubling to me, and I just can't let it go.

I lost a driver's license when I was in college. I suppose I remember it for a lot of reasons, not just because it's the only time I ever lost my driver's license, even for an hour or two. The address on that license was 2 1/2 E. Main St., Vermillion, SD. It was important because it was the first driver's license I ever had that didn't have my parents' address on it. On top of that, I only had it for a couple of months before I lost it. I replaced it while I was home one summer, living with my parents, so once again it had their address on it.

I lost a really cool leather hat that 2C bought me for Christmas on year. Since we broke up less than two months after Christmas and stuff like that bothers me, I put the hat back in it's box and decided I'd get it out again when I was ready. I moved to Iowa a few months after that. I'm pretty sure the hat got into the U-Haul for that trip, but I can't be sure. All I know is that I don't specifically remember loading it into my Dad's truck when I moved to Rapid City 14 months later. I never did find it and have no idea what became of it.

So I have lost a thing or two here and there, but it's rare enough that misplaced items are the exception rather than the rule. For the rest of my family that's really not the case. I have never lost a set of keys. That's a weekly occurance for my neice. Actually for both of my neices, and my nephew, and their mother. I often wonder how I can be related to them. My mom loses stuff, she misplaced a check this weekend, but she's old, that's to be expected. She may have lost the check at my sister's house which would mean that she will never find it again.

My sister's house is a mess all the time. Same thing with both of her kids that don't live at home. Geez, I wonder if that's why they lose stuff all of the time. Me, I like to keep a pretty neat house. I don't mean to sound sanctimonious, the room I'm in right now is a mess, boxes are everywhere and there's papers on the floor. It's just one room, though. I'll admit, if that water bottle is in here, I won't find it until I move.

Then again, it's just a water bottle. It even has a little bit of a leak in it and if you squeeze it you get wet. But it's the second bottle in my two bottle rotation. The "lovely parting gift" Jeopardy! water bottle bats lead off, always in the fridge, ready when I need a drink while sitting at the computer. The leaky USSB bottle is there as well, ready when I need that second bottle while ol' Jeopardy! is chillin' in the fridge. Oh, there's two other bottles in there as well, but they're seldom used, I rarely need to go three or four deep on the water bottles. But I am a creature of habit, it's always Jeopardy! first, followed by USSB. But now my whole rotation is screwed up. Someone's going to have to step up, whether it be the collapsable Qwest bottle or the silver one that came with my bike. Well, I'm sure it will all sort itself out.....

BOJ

Author's note. Hey, I found the water bottle shortly after posting. I was looking in my fridge to check on yeast supplies when I looked on a shelf where I would never put USSB, and there it was. You know, this was really starting to bother me a bit.....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives