Wednesday, May 18, 2005

 

Ken Jones, Where Are You?

Just a short note about tonight's open mic. Good lord there were a lot of folks tonight, and some excellent new talent showed up. And while I'm not too much into the poetry, tonight's poets were an amazing bunch. I loved them all. Great stuff!

TSA and I got on really late, like after the time Dunn Bros. normally closes. Still there were quite a few folks there, so it was really cool. Lead off with I Will Survive primarily because I heard it on the radio this week. Thanks to Cody for totally bothcing the cool lighting cue. Hey, he was cleaning so it's cool. Dimming the lights for us was his idea anyway, it's not like we were trying to lump any more work onto the guy.

We followed that up with Got My Mojo Workin' but with a little twist. We've been adding a little bit of Bo Diddley's Who Do You Love into the middle of it for a while and TSA suggested dropping something else in there. Neither of us thought of anything either. But we've also been talking about doing Tom Jones' It's Not Unusual so I suggested we try that. It sounded pretty cool in the back room, but not the greatest in front of people. Ah, we gave it a shot. I still think it could work, but it would involve effort on our parts. We're not the best at effort.

Finished up with Wyle E. Coyote Blues because I want to get really comfortable with that tune. It's getting there and was perfect tonight. So you think you'll be able to check Acrossroads.com and call me a dirty liar, don't you. Well, Ken Jones was a no show tonight, so as far as you know, the song was perfect.

I hear he was "lying in bed, just like Brian Wilson did" but that could be spurious information.....


BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives