Tuesday, May 24, 2005

 

"I'll Take Substitute Teachers For $1600, Alex"

Got a couple of days of subbing in this week. Interestingly spent yesterday subbing in the library at the high school, a job that I applied for but it went to the daughter of the school board president. What a coincidence! Anyway, did that and got a marriage proposal out of it. Well, a conditional marraige proposal, as the woman making it qualified with "...if I weren't already married....." That was before I told her I could cook. That usually makes women weak in the knees anyway. The proposal came after I exhibited my cleaning and organizational skills. Librarians, the weirdest things get them going.....

Then today, I was subbing in PE at the middle school. The kids were playing dodge ball, and if I didn't know better, I'd swear that the other PE teacher was hitting on me. I felt something was going on shorthly after she told me about her soon-to-be ex-husband. OK, I've never been good at picking up signals, usually missing them entirely, not realizing a woman is interested in me until she's naked on my lap, so this is probably just the opposite, meaning if I ended up naked on her lap she'd probably call the cops. In any case, I can apparently sub for middle school PE anytime I want next year.

Another really cool thing happened in PE. I had all of the kids check in with me and I marked them present on a sheet I had on a clipboard. One kid came up and stated his name, "Tyler Stewart" (not really his name, though close, and the name of the drummer from Barenaked Ladies) then remembered I had been on Jeopardy! and added, "I mean, who is Tyler Stewart." I didn't make any big deal about it, but let him know that I appreciated his quick wit. If there were a Wit and Sarcasm class at the middle school, well, I'd be on the faculty and that kid would be my star pupil.

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives