Saturday, April 16, 2005

 

This Just In: Kings-Six Beats Kings-Five

After a week off, the Saturday night poker game met again. I did so well early that there were threats that I wouldn't be allowed to play any more. Apparently I was insufferable during my TWO WEEK REIGN AS ULTIMATE POKER CHAMPION. I don't know where anyone got that idea, I only blogged about it a couple of times. Maybe more than a couple. OK, not more than five. Well, probably not more than five.

TSA was somehow the big winner tonight. I complemented him often on not playing any hands that he couldn't win, and he was exceptional at that tonight. Yet when it came down to the big showdown hand, he squeezed it out against Dave, Kings-
Six beathing Kings-Five. A tight margin, but any margrin is enough to win by. Congrats, TSA, I hand the keys to my pimp-ass Benzel over to you. Let me know how good it feels to be a gangsta........

I swear some time that Tim is actually going to go home with all of the fake money. He plays too well not to have won by now. He'll probably never be the ULTIMATE TWO WEEK POKER CHAMPION like someone else has been. But I'm sure he'll take home all of the fake money some night.

The beer of choice tonight for me was Red Hook Amber. It was an ESB, but not overyly bitter and it really had a nice sweetness to it. Andy was drinking a couple of different things. The homebrewed Oatmeal Stout was a thing of beaurty, smoother even than any comercial stouts I've tasted. That was good, yo.

Music was a mixed bag, MC Chris getting the most giggles out of the group, though the Spinal Tap always gets a laugh out of me. TSA and I both though doing Polaris' Hey Sandy would be a good idea. It was a P957 staple, but I'd have to learn the words since I did something else on it. Actually, right now, I can't remember what I did on that song. I think it may have been harp (E?) or possibly kazoo. I know I tried to do the "Aye yi yi"'s a couple of times but I dont' think I ever really got it down. Does your dog bite?

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives