Saturday, April 02, 2005

 

Fake Money is Almost as Good as Real Money

So how do I plan to spend all of the fake money? Well, I'll spend half of it on make believe booze and pretend women, and the rest I'll just waste......

That's right folks, all of the fake money is mine! Proving once again that I can't make predictions, Tim was knocked out early, so now he's the only one who hasn't won. Erica was out soon after Tim,both of them getting beaten out on hands that I sucked out on the river, leaving just TSA Corrine and me. I really should have taken it easy on TSA since without him I really sound like crap, but he kept betting with me when I actually had decent hands. Sorry man. I finally got him out on a medum sized pair (like every woman I've ever dated, well there was that one girl from the small town in Nebraska.......). Corrine was a different story (I mean cards-wise, not the medium sized pair). She had gained a decent chip lead on me in the three handed play so I was really baffled at what to do in heads up action. She played pretty tight, so I knew I was actually going to have to have an actual good hand to beat her. I chased a few decent hands, but folded when she didn't back down to my half-hearted raise attempts. She went all in a couple of times after I reestablished a small chip lead, and I let her have the pots. The third time, though I called her. I didn't have much, but it was more than she had. Made me wonder if I should have called her on the other big bets, but that's the way the game is played.

And Andy called it "Betting Fuel," apparently alcohol has some effect on how well you play the game. Yes, it was my first night playing poker and drinking. I guess that's what was missing from the equation all along. Who new that when they brough me free drinks while playing poker in Vegas that they were actually doing me a favor? OK, maybe it didn't work quite so well there, but it did work tonight. Beer is the answer. And as we learned a couple of weeks ago, Slappy is Jebus. So what was the question? And by the way, which one's Slappy?

And just what was I drinking tonight? I saw some "Black Hook" from the Red Hook brewery at the liquor store on the way over to T.S.A. Friday's. It was a London style porter that was not without its charm. I've never attempted a porter, but every time I have one I resolve to try one at home. Maybe soon. Had one of Tim's cream stouts as well. Actually, the two were quite similar, though the cream stout was much smoother.

The night started with the finishing brewing touches on an Oktoberfest style. TSA had his own name for it since he didn't get the brewing started during the month of March, but may I also suggest Moktoberfest? Just a thought.

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives