Wednesday, April 27, 2005

 

Exactly What I Wrote So There Won't Be Any Wild Accusations

Thomas Beaverson
4550 South Highway 16
Rapid City, South Dakota 57701


Pastor Beaverson

I will attend Zion Lutheran Church this Sunday, 1 May 2005 solely to attend the confirmation of my niece during the 11:00 am service. I will not be back on subsequent Sundays, as I have not attended church at Zion since Palm Sunday, 20 March 2005.

During the sermon on that date, the Pastor preached his desire that God would strike dead Judge George Greer. The Pastor did not use Judge Greer’s name, as I am sure he did not know it. He also did not name the numerous additional judges he wished God would strike dead, judges who legally oppose two specific LCMS teachings.

Maybe I wouldn’t have been so shocked had a judge not been gunned down in his courtroom in Atlanta that very week. Perhaps I wouldn’t be so shocked if a man had not been arrested for offering $50,000 the next week to anyone who would kill Judge Greer.

Most shocking, however, is the fact that no one else in the congregation seemed upset when the Pastor expressed his wishes. Preaching such hatred is absolutely horrible. Having it accepted by the congregation is much worse. I am still a Christian and more specifically a Lutheran. I cannot, in good conscience, continue to attend a church where such vile hatred is preached by the clergy and accepted by the congregation.

Judge Greer rendered a decision based on the laws of the state of Florida. Clergy at Zion wished Judge Greer dead for that decision. I can only assume that the same fate is wished upon the unnamed judges at the state and Federal levels who upheld that decision. And to the citizens who agreed with the legality of that decision. Citizens like me.


Douglas Jungemann

cc: Rev. Duane Duley

Comments:
Doug,

I am glad there are people willing to stand up and let these people know how they feel, not just follow along like sheep heading off to be sheered.

Props man.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives