Sunday, January 09, 2005

 

Reggie Wayne??????

The Broncos took it on the chin today. The optomist in me thought they had a chance against the Colt's high powered offense and total lack of defense, but it wasn't to be. Surprisingly, I was much more worried about Reggie Wayne at wide receiver than I was about Marvin Harrison. Harrison is a great receiver, and he can get deep on you, but he's a route runner. That's his thing, run precise routes so Manning always know where he is. Reggie Wayne, on the other hand, is about the deep ball. Reggie is also an excellent receiver who runs good routes, but his thing is using his speed to get past his man for the big gainer. That's why I couldn't understand the Broncos' strategy to have their best corner, Champ Bailey, play on Marvin Harrison. The Bronocs usually put Champ on the opponents best receiver, and Harrison is the Colts best receiver, but in this case I was more worried about Reggie Wayne getting deep on them. The Bronco safeties, Lynch and Kennedy, are both big hitters who punish recievers coming over the middle. Neither had the speed to help out much when a mercurial (it was my vocabulary word of the day.....) Reggie Wayne beat his man off the line. And Wayne's numbers were sick! Peyton Manning had a great day, but who would've predicted a 200 yard receiving game out of Reggie Wayne. Good luck Colts, I truely mean that. You'll have a much more difficult time against New England.

OK, you didn't hear it here first, but I have been harping on what a jerk Randy Moss is for the last couple of days. I guess I was right......

BOJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

The Bert Convey
Principle
Friends' Blogs
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm not telling you anything...

archives